This document is intended to introduce interested long-term care workers and program managers to the role of music in dementia care, in particular individualized music and the Music and Memory™ program.
It describes Music and Memory™ implementation at Misericordia Health Centre, the development of an Observational Checklist designed to capture resident responses to music and the research project designed to test the Checklist. The document also includes:
- A brief literature review on music and dementia
- Resources and information on the Music and Memory™ program
- Music and Memory™ implementation at MHC
- Discussion of the issue of capacity to consent
- An analysis of interviews to evaluate the Observational Checklist
This resource can be accessed here: http://bit.ly/2bXcqI1