Swipe card access was introduced at the Neil John Maclean Health Sciences Library on June 13, 2016. Between the hours of 6:00 p.m. and closing, a valid University of Manitoba photo identification card is required for entry.
- If you are a new student, staff, or faculty member, you will need to see the Card Access Coordinator to have swipe card access enabled on your Photo ID card for the NJM Library.
- If you are a current student, staff, or faculty member who has never had swipe card access enabled on your Photo ID card, you will need to see the Card Access Coordinator to have swipe access enabled for the NJM Library.
- If you are a current student, staff, or faculty member who has previously had swipe card access added to your Photo ID card, the NJM Library will be added to your Photo ID automatically.
- UofM Photo ID Swipe Card Activation
Swipe card access for the NJM Library can be added to your UofM Photo ID card by visiting the Card Access Coordinator
Card Access Coordinator
Location: Room S013, Medical Services Building (map)
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 9:45 a.m.; 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.; 12:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.; 2:45 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Guidelines for Swipe Card Access at the NJM Library
Access to the NJM Library after 6:00 p.m. is restricted to UofM students, faculty and staff who have a swipe access enabled Photo ID, and is monitored electronically. Misuse or failure to comply with the following could result in loss of access and be reported to Security Services:
- protect your Photo ID card: do not loan it to anyone;
- do not swipe or allow anyone other than yourself into the Library when entering;
- ensure that doors close after entering and exiting: do not prop the doors open.
Questions or Comments?
Head, Neil John Maclean Health Sciences Library