The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality’s (AHRQ) TeamSTEPPS 2.0 for Long-Term Care curriculum reflects updates to the original TeamSTEPPS in Long-Term Care curriculum, which was released to the public in 2012. Since then, AHRQ released TeamSTEPPS 2.0, an update to the original curriculum that focuses on hospital-based teams. As a result, AHRQ has sponsored the development of an updated curriculum for use in the long-term care setting. The updated Long-Term Care curriculum (“2.0”) includes changes such as:
- An updated Course Management Guide to provide information about the course and about preparing for and providing instruction.
- An updated Evidence Base for each skill-based module.
- The addition of an advance organizer to each module to provide an overview of each module’s content, activities, and instructional materials.
- The relocation of the Communication module to earlier in the curriculum to better align with the emphasis on preventing communication errors within teams and the fact that most of the tools and strategies are conducted through communication.
- The addition of the Measurement module to provide instruction and resources to support the assessment of the effectiveness of implementation efforts.
- Improvements to the usability and flow of materials, including addressing redundancies, clearly labeling resources, and adding page numbers to the Instructor Manual.
To view the updated curriculum, click here: http://bit.ly/2A13e0m
If you wish to subscribe to the Web Pick of the Week, go to: http://lists.umanitoba.ca/mailman/listinfo/info-ltc