The Health Sciences Libraries at the University of Manitoba consist of the Neil John Maclean Health Sciences Library (Bannatyne Campus) and the J.W. Crane Memorial Library (Deer Lodge Centre).
The mandate of the Health Sciences Libraries is to:
- Support the education, research and patient care requirements of the staff and students of the University of Manitoba Faculties of Dentistry, Medicine and Pharmacy, including the School of Medical Rehabilitation and the School of Dental Hygiene.
- Be the primary source of health sciences information for the University of Manitoba faculty and students located at other teaching sites both in Winnipeg and in rural Manitoba.
- Serve and support the research and patient care related information needs of all employees at the hospitals and health centres in Winnipeg.
- Serve and support the research and patient care related information needs of Winnipeg Regional Health Authority employees at Community Based Health Facilities and WRHA Corporate Offices.
- Provide reference and information services to the healthcare professionals working in the Regional Health Authorities in Manitoba, as well as those working at Manitoba Health.
- Provide health information to patients, family members, as well as to the general population, through the Consumer Health Information Service in support of the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority’s Strategic Direction “Enhancing the Patient Experience”
For more information visit us at: http://libguides.lib.umanitoba.ca/health/